Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A dark day before Easter

It was a wet Saturday at my office's Easter party. There was an Easter egg hunt and touch and feel time with little cuddly animals. 
Leanne found five eggs in the first go, but dropped 2 in the process. 
The organisers planted a second round of chocolate eggs in the grounds as some of younger children were not very successful. This time round she found a couple more.  
The face painters decorated children's faces with pretty daffodils, colourful butterflies, and tigers for the boys. She wanted to be a black rabbit. Why a black rabbit, I don't know. It could just be that she saw a black rabbit on the animal show table, or that she figured that it was the day after Good Friday, but Easter was not here yet. 
Somehow, I think Leanne knew that it was a dark day for our family as my maternal grandma passed away early that morning. It was a sudden illness that took her. All 8 children were by her bedside. Joshua is her youngest and 1oth great grandchild.  
Such a strong reminder that we only live a heartbeat from eternity. Two truths to keep in mind: 
1. God put you on this earth for a specific purpose. Have I found my purpose yet? Paul wrote: The time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. (2 Timothy 4:6-8)

2. When you know Christ as your Saviour, the best is yet to be. We don't need to fear death because Jesus said: 
"I am the resurrection and the
 life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believers in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" (John 11:25-26)
(Excerpt from The Word for Today)
Thank God that Sunday is on its way!  


No comments: