Friday, February 06, 2009

A day out to Natural History Museum

Here I am on the way to London, in the train. We were headed to the Natural History Museum.


One of the most exciting museums that I have ever been to. There We were welcomed by a Diplodocus skeleton in the main hall. Entering the There were lots T-Rex, and other dinosaurs as well.


And this is Aslan from Narnia. What a lion king. The art of taxidermy is no longer practiced, but the older pieces
are still preserved very well.


We also saw the largest living creature on Earth, the big blue whale. It is a lot bigger than I will ever be. Along side it were other land creatures, like the giraffe, hippo and elephants.

Met lots of interesting characters there. I addressed him as "Kung-fu Panda".


Take a look at the intricate and beautiful spread of ceiling panels decorated with plants from every corner of the globe, richly coloured and gilded with each its own stry to tell.


The architecture of the terracotta building was a work of art. Its called Waterhouse, named after Alfred Waterhouse, a young architect from Manchester. He won the contract after the original architect died. You can see carvings of plants and animals.


There was a Christmas fair outside of the museum, along with ice skating rink and some shop grottos too. The day ended well with a merry go round ride, just my kind of day.

No comments: