
It was a bright sunny Tuesday morning when we set out for the farm. It is a working family farm set in the Surrey's hills.

There were billy kids roaming around. You could feed the little lambs with food pellets.

Fascinated with the rabbits, especially the German lops. At least I could ge closer up to them than the wild ones that we see along the roads.

There were nice healthy looking chickens there too. Might have higher levels of Omega oil than the couped up ones.

This is the adult Sheland mare. They don't grow to very big, do they.

We even saw a month old Shetland mare pony.

Going on the tractor with Dad.

Aylesbury ducks derive their names from Aylesbury town, where they were first introduced in 1845. They are characterised by their white plumage and orange beak, just like Jemima puddle duck.

Ah, this is the country life that I've always wanted. Could I stay put here?

Checking out the donkeys. They come in all shapes and colours. We saw a little deer too, just like Bambi. Amazing huh?

Plucking some wild flowers for mum. (What more can a mother want?:) )

One of the highlights was the pig race. I have never seen pigs move so fast. Take your pick and guess who came in first? Little Grease Lightening took his own time to finish the race.

This was their reward for running towards the finish line. I must say, they are quite lean for little piggies.
No comments:
Post a Comment